24 x 7 Online Help
Introduction - Human Resource Policies
Get free samples written by our Top-Notch subject experts for taking assignment help services in Australia.
Human Resource Policies
In the business Firm, different policies are used by H R M to develop effective processes and work ethics within the workplace or Firm. In general form, Human Resource policies are basic guidelines that are based on employee management practices. The main objective of H R M policies to improve the performance of employees within the workplace of the company (Brewster, 2017). There are different processes and practices used by the H R M of Tesco PLC to maintain effective employee management practices in the organization. The main objective of human resource policies to offer better guidelines to the management and workforce of the company to increase the overall performance of the Firm in the global market. All the policies that are developed by H R M are focused on employee satisfaction - level within the workplace of the company. This report will be providing a brief overview of actions that are performed by the H R M to improve the performance of Tesco PLC in the global market. Tesco PLC is one of the largest grocery and retail sector organization in the UK. Tesco PLC was established by Jack Cohen in the year 1919 at Hackney, London, United Kingdom. The company is currently operating with more than 7005 stores around the world. Headquarter of the Firm is in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire in England, United Kingdom.
In the case of Tesco PLC, all the policies that are developed by the H R M of the company are based on the development of employees within the organization. Policies and practices of Human Resource are more focused on training and development of employees to meet a performance standard in operations. This is the business objective of Tesco PLC to meet the basic needs of both employees and customers to develop high values in operations. Developments that are introduced by the Human Resource department of the company are focused on increased training of employees in the Firm to improve their performance standard in the internal operations of the company (Rosedi & Mat Jaafar, 2018). This all about provides high-value services to the customers and improve their satisfaction - level. Basic factors that are considered in the Human Resource Policies of the company revolve around the simplification of operations that are performed in an organization. Making changes in the unwritten processes to make work much easier. Human Resource policies are also developed by the Firm to develop core skills in employees and maintain high-level control over the employee operations.
Proposal for Human Resource Policies
In a business organization, different actions and operations are performed by H R M to improve the performance of the Firmal workforce. Major operations that are performed by the H R M of the company are Planning, Organising, Staffing, Leading, and controlling the workforce of the company. Certain innovative and creative changes can be implemented in the Firm policies to improve the performance of the workforce in both internal and external operations of the company (Aguenza & Som, 2018). To meet the current trends in the market place and maintain the competitive position of the organization in the global market, new human resource policies can be developed. Policies that are based on the current market scenario and the latest technology can help the H R M of the company to retain talent in the workforce of the company, provide better services to customers, improve inter-office communication, and maintain the motivation level of employees in the Firm.
- Staff Retention Policy
Staff retention can be explained as the capability of the business organization to retain their employees for the long term and reduce the employee turnover rate of the company. This is related to develop an effective, skilled, and experienced workforce in the company to maintain the performance of the Firm in the market area. This is crucial for the organization to work on various aspects related to issues that are faced by employees within the workplace of the company. By considering the issues faced by employees, better solutions can be obtained in the operations of the company to offer better working conditions to the employees (Khalid & Nawab, 2018). To improve the performance of employee retention and reduce employee turnover in the Firm, some aspects can be focused on by company management that can help the company to provide better working conditions to the employees. Strategies and factors that must be considered by the organization are-
- Hire Right Person at Start: This approach is quite different from approaches that are used by the H R M of the company. If the human resource department of the company hires the right candidate initially then it will help the Firm to retain these employees for the long term. Bad hiring can affect the employee retention rate of the organization (Stewart & Brown, 2019). Employees who are hired within a bad hiring process tend to leave the Firm earlier. This is how bad hiring can increase the employer turnover rate of the company. Organization can focus on the suitable fresher candidate to improve the employee retention rate of the company. Hiring the right person at starting of their career can help the Firm to retain the employees.
- Improve Employee Satisfaction: This is a basic element to improve the employee retention rate of the organization. In this strategy, the Firm can focus on the issues and challenges that are faced by the employees within the workplace or organization. Employee behaviour can be tracked by the management to analyse the challenges that are faced by them in the workplace of the company. Management of the company also can conduct a 360-feedback process to identify the challenges that are faced by employees in the workplace. Issues and challenges that are identified in the process can be targeted by the company to offer a better and suitable solution (Nickson, 2021). This process can help the management of the Firm to improve the satisfaction - level of employees in the organization. The high satisfaction - level of employees will help them to improve the employee retention rate in the Firm.
- Improve Leadership of Company: This is need for the organization to have effective leadership to meet all the business objectives of the company. Effective leadership of a company can help the management of the company to retain employees for a longer time. Leaders of the Firm should be able to provide proper direction to the employees to improve the quality of work performed by them. This is their performance can be improved in the company. Effective leadership is also crucial to develop a productive relationship with employees.
- b policy
Customers of the organization are the most important stakeholders of a Firm. This is most crucial for the organization to provide the best facilities and services to the customers to improve their satisfaction - level. This is important for the company to develop loyal and long-term relationships with the customers. Effective and satisfactory services also can help the organization to develop positive and loyal relationship with the customers. Services that are offered to the client should be based on the customer needs and requirements. The Firm also can provide personalised services to customers to improve their shopping experience e in the store of the company. Employees should be trained effectively to provide active support to the customers in the company store. Better training must be provided to the employees to offer better services to the customers. Social media channels also can be used by the Firm to make direct interaction with the customers.
Additional benefits to the customers also can help the Firm to develop an effective relationship with customers (Ren, Tang, & Jackson, 2018). These are some major changes that are needed to be implemented in the organization practices to provide better services to the customers. Effective customer service is important for the Firm to improve the market value of the organization in the market area.
This is how the range of changes can be implemented in the customer service policy that is implemented by the human resource of the company to improve customer satisfaction within the company. All the guidance and processes must be considered in the Firm operation to effectively manage and facilitate human resources in the workplace of the company. The leadership of a company also can help to improve customer services in the organization. For this, the leaders need to have the capability to solve different problems of the customers. Customer complaint management is also the most crucial to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Internal Communication Policy
The role of communication is most important in the business Firm. In different ways, effective communication can help the organization to line up the business effectively. The role of communication is most crucial to maintain effectiveness in operations. Some of the major benefits of effective communication are- Effective communication can help the Firm to improve the decision-making process, effective communication is also crucial to maintain smooth operations within the organization, facilitation and effective coordination also can be maintained with effective communication practices within the workplace of company. Effective communication is also required to improve the managerial efficiency of the Firm to manage all the functions effectively within internal and external operations of the business organization, effective communication practices also can help the Firm to promote cooperation and team working in the workplace.
This is how communication can be really helpful to improve the overall productivity and performance of the organization in business procedures (Chaudhary, 2020). There are some processes and technologies that can be implemented in the Firm to improve communication processes in the organization. Some major technological development can be implemented by the Firm to improve the communication process in the company. VOIP s considered as one of the most effective processes to improve verbal communication in the workplace of the company. Voice over internet protocol allows the employees to perform voice calls over the broadband internet connection. This can help the organization to improve the communication between the employees of the Firm. The smart messing application also can be used by the organization to perform fast communication within the workplace. This type of network can be used by the Firm to improve the communication system in the company. By developing an information system of organization, communication of information can be improved. These are major changes in technology that can be made to improve the communication system of the company.
- Appraisal Policy
This policy of the Firm is related to employee motivation within the workplace of the company. This is most crucial for the organization to improve the reward management and appraisal management process to maintain the motivation level of employees. Different processes can be used by the Firm to provide better recognition to the employees in the workplace. For the process of the employee appraisal process, this is most crucial to develop and consider some standards to analyse the performance of employees within the workplace of the company as within the process of performance appraisal. Performance standards can help the organization to analyse the performance of employee on different measure (Pritvorova, Tasbulatova, & Petrenko, 2018).
These measures must be common for all the employees. This also can improve the motivation level of employees in the Firm. In the business organization, management has some expectations from the employee of the company. Communicate expectations to the employees can help the employees to know about the standards for the performance appraisal. This is important for the management to consider the real-time performance of the employee in the workplace to perform an effective assessment of their performance. This is a challenging process to analyse the real-time performance of employees.
For the real-time performance of the employee, various systems can be used by the management of the company. For example, the Radio Frequency Identification technique and artificial intelligence technique can be used by the Firm to improve employee tracking in the workplace of the company (Rosedi & Mat Jaafar, 2018). Effective communication can be developed with employees to make them aware of standards and performance assets that are used by the management for the performance appraisal of employees.
This is a major factor that can drive the motivation level of employee. Salary benefits provided to the employees are directly connected to the employee retention rate of a company. This is most important for the organization to offer competitive salary to the employees, to retain them for a longer time. Salary offered to the customer must be competitive as compared to the salary that is offered by the market competitor to their employee. A competitive salary can help the Firm retain employees for the long term. In this process, several offers and benefits must be provided to the employees to keep them motivated within the workplace of the organization.
Job listing can be explained as a document that is used by the business Firm to advertise an open position within the workplace of the company. The job listing mainly includes the information about an open position in the company, responsibilities of open position and requirements that need to be fulfilled. This is how job listing can be used by the organization as a job advertisement to get a suitable candidate for an open position in the company. Job Listing for Secretary, Marketer, and operation manager will be
Job Title- Marketer
The marketer in Tesco PLC will the person who is responsible for the advertisement and promotion of goods and services in the company stores. The marketer is the strategic partner of the company who will lead the marketing operations of the organization in the market.
For the open position of the marketer in the Firm, this is most important for an individual to have efficient communication skills, the person should have an effective team working skill, the individual should be able to manage projects as part of job role, creativity, and analytical skills are preferable.
List of Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the open position are-
List of Job Requirement
This is crucial for marketer have to fulfil some requirement which are-
Other additional requirements for the position of marketer are-
Starting salary that will be offered to select will be 180000 to 200000 Euros. Based on experience and interview.
Job Title- Marketer
The operation manager in the organization is part of the management team of the company. The operation manager of the company also tracks and monitor the operational activities in the company. This is the role of the operation manager is to manage talent in the company, analyse and improvise the operational processes of the company. processes of the company.
This is crucial for the operation manager to have leadership abilities. The operation manager should have a charismatic personality for employee motivation. The personality of the operation manager should be attractive and encouraging to develop followers in the Firm to obtain efficient performance.
List of Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the open position are-
List of Job Requirement
This is important for marketer have to fulfil some requirement which are-
Additional Requirement: Other additional requirements for the position of marketer are-
Application Material: This is crucial for the individual to carry some documents and information to apply for an open position in the company.
Starting salary offered to the selected candidate will be 200000 to 230000 Euros per annul.
Health, Safety, and Employee Wellbeing Guide for Organization
This is most important for the Firm and H R M to develop effective and creative guidelines to provide a healthier, safer, and productive work environment to the employees. These guidelines can be followed by the organization to improve the performance standard of employees within the workplace of the company.
- Health-Related Guideline for Firm: In the workplace of the company, this is most crucial for the H R M of Tesco PLC to consider some health considerations in business operations and business processes to maintain safety standards in the workplace. Major considerations that must be considered by the organization to maintain health standards in the Firm are- Management and human resource of the organization can propose some medical seminars and campaigns to make the employees aware of health-related issues (Chelladurai & Kerwin, 2018). In this, medical professionals must be invited to deliver the required information to the customers (Shah, 2019). Employee insurance-related facilities also should be provided to the employees to ensure their health condition. Employees also can be provided with health-related benefits and support to employees to ensure their health in the workplace of the company. Proper facilitation must be offered to the employees in the workplace to follow effective health standards in the company. This is how different health-related standards can be followed in the Firm to ensure the health and safety of employees. This process can be used to provide information to the employees to take care of their health. All the employees of the organization must be made aware of the benefits of effective health to encourage them to develop their lifestyle. On regular basis, some stress releasing and mental health improvement activities must be performed to promote effective health in the workplace of the company. Social activities can be performed in the workplace to develop a positive and healthy environment in the Firm for employees. Communication and team-building activities also can be performed within the workplace to promote healthy activities in the operational processes. This is how employees and management of the organization can provide an effective guideline to improve the health conditions within the workplace of the company.
- Safety Guidelines in the Firm: This is the responsibility of H R M to keep the workplace activities safer for employees and all people who are associated with the organization (Santana & Lopez?Cabrales, 2019). To improve the safety standards in an Firm, the H R M of the company can develop effective safety guideline. Major considerations that can be developed in the safety guidance are- Employees of the organization must be provided with basic safety tools and gadgets to offer higher safety to them in the workplace. In the training and development process, employees must be provided with safety guidelines to make safety considerations as a work process. All the process must be followed as per the requirement to make keep the operations safe for employees. No shortcuts should be taken in the workplace to complete the tasks. Proper cleaning and organizing of the workplace are required to improve the safety conditions in the Firm. Proper safety measures must be considered in the work process to keep the work place safe for employees. All the employees should be kept alert and awake in the workplace to reduce hazards in the workplace. For the handling of heavy task proper safety, considerations and safety tools must be used to avoid accidents within the organization (Ogbonnaya & Messersmith, 2019). All the operations of employees and technicians must be considered in operations to promote safety guidelines in the Firm. This is how the range of safety considerations can be used in the organization to improve safety in the workplace.
- Employee Wellbeing Guidelines: Employee wellbeing is the most important aspect for the management and human resource of the business organization (Armstrong and Taylor, 2020). There are some considerations and processes that can be implemented in the workplace of the company to promote employee wellbeing in the Firm. Some of the major guidelines that can be considered in the workplace of the company are- Employee development and wellbeing must be prioritised in the organization to maintain employee satisfaction within the workplace. Roles, duties, and responsibilities of the employees must be specified to fulfil employee wellbeing requirement in the workplace. Employees of an Firm can be encouraged to maintain a work-life balance to stay healthy and fulfil the requirements of social life. Ethical values must be considered in the workplace to provide higher satisfaction to the employees (Chelladurai & Kerwin, 2018). The employee must be provided with all the benefits to fulfil their all needs in the workplace. Employees must be provided with medical assistance to keep them healthy and safe within the workplace. Employees also can be encouraged for fitness activities for a healthier life. Dignity and respect in the work place can be promoted to meet employee wellbeing requirement in the organization.
Books and Journals
Aguenza, B.B. & Som, A.P.M., (2018). Motivational factors of employee retention and engagement in organizations. International Journal of Advances in Agriculture Sciences.
Armstrong, M. & Taylor, S., (2020). Armstrong's handbook of human resource management practice.
Brewster, C., (2017). The integration of human resource management and corporate strategy. Policy and practice in European human resource management, pp.22-35.
Chaudhary, R., (2020). Green human resource management and employee green behaviour: an empirical analysis. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management. 27(2).pp.630-641.
Chelladurai, P. & Kerwin, S., (2018). Human resource management in sport and recreation. Human Kinetics.
Khalid, K. & Nawab, S., (2018). Employee participation and employee retention because of compensation. SAGE Open. 8(4). p.2158244018810067.
Nickson, D., (2021). Human-Resource-Management.
Ogbonnaya, C. & Messersmith, J., (2019). Employee performance, well?being, and differential effects of human resource management subdimensions: Mutual gains or conflicting outcomes?. Human Resource Management Journal, 29(3), pp.509-526.
Pritvorova, T., Tasbulatova, B. & Petrenko, Y., (2018). Possibilities of Blitz-Psychograms as a tool for human resource management in the supporting system of the hardiness of company. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues. 6(2). p.840.
Ren, S., Tang, G. & Jackson, S.E., (2018). Green human resource management research in emergence: A review and future directions. Asia Pacific Journal of Management. 35(3).pp.769-803.
Rosedi, N.F. & Mat Jaafar, N.N., (2018). A study on the influence of Human Resource Management (H R M ) practices towards employee performance at Tesco Bandar Sungai Petani, Kedah.
Santana, M. & Lopez?Cabrales, A., (2019). Sustainable development and human resource management: A science mapping approach. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 26(6), pp.1171-1183.
Shah, M., (2019). Green human resource management: Development of a valid measurement scale. Business Strategy and the Environment, 28(5), pp.771-785.
Stewart, G.L. & Brown, K.G., (2019). Human resource management. John Wiley & Sons.