No AI Generated Content
Promoting Professional Relationships Between Teacher And Teaching Assistant
Struggling with your assignments? then this Free Sample written by PH.D certified subject expert academic writers can help you to improve your grades. For more detail information you can take free assignment related assistance from our assignment writing service providing team.
The teacher and assistant of teacher performs their role as to make the good learning to the students. They are those who works in crucial manner in state to teaching essential things as being teaching assistant and teacher. They both are interdependent on each other. It is very important to understand the personal implication so that each thing can be done in the specific manner. With the help of promoting effective learning the interpersonal capabilities of the child can be enhanced. This kind of the system reflects the importance of the education context (Berkovich and Eyal, 2017). The present report is inclusive of the things like critical aspect of teaching and good role of the teacher which will be helpful in order to promote better learning in education sector. By using good morale and ethics the teacher and teaching assistant can provide better learning to the children in this manner they need to have proper communication about the things.
The teacher and relationship of the teaching assistant is need to be clear and effective so that they are able to develop the good working state with the children. In addition to this, report will be inclusive of the things like to understand the role of morality, authority and ethical duty. This will help to develop the interpersonal skill of the child. The all the things which is required to learned and need to be pre planned and effective so that they are able to perform their function in effective manner. (Berkovich and Eyal, 2017). The working of the educational institute depends on good relation of teacher and teaching assistant. The teaching assistant need to have understanding about how they are able to build good relation with them.
The main aim is to promote professional relationship between teacher and teaching assistant.
- To understand the relation between teacher and teaching assistant.
- To develop the interpersonal skill of the children.
- To understand the value of authority, ethical and morality.
- To understand the work role and responsibilities so it can be handle together.
- To recommend the ways in relation to promote the professional relation between teacher and teaching assistant.
To understand the relation between teacher and teaching assistant
In this it has been stated that the teaching can be taken as the fundamental morale activity. According to Farr, (2018) has been stated that the teaching is the morale study which is need to be taken in the corrective manner. The professional development among the teacher is very essential so that they are able to take the corrective decision. As per the view of Farr, (2018) has been said the teacher assistant is someone who works under the proper guidelines of the teacher on the basis of the things like additional attraction, instruction and supervision. According to Wheeler and et.al., (2017) has been said that it is essential to understand the relation between the teacher and student. As per the suggestion of Farr, (2018), has said that the motivation, self regulated training need to be developed so that they are able to developing their knowledge in the effective manner. The teaching assistant are the helpful in relation to develop their thing so that they are able to provide better knowledge to the students. According to Temple and et.al., (2017) has been stated the main aim is to develop that kind of the relationship which will be helpful in order to empowers the things in effective mode. As per the view of Bradford and Hickson, (2017) has said that it is very essential to be confident so that the teacher is able to make the better interaction and will enhance the knowledge in child so that they are able to participate in the activities in professionally manner. According to Temple and et.al., (2017), it has been said that the teacher need to take use of the emotional support so that they are able to gain the knowledge of the each thing in the effective manner. As per the view of Farr, (2018) has been stated that in each classroom the role of the teacher is so clear that they need to deliver those lessons which help the student in order to developing the proper knowledge within them. In order to make the whole process effective it is very essential to create the good working partnership between the teacher and their assistant. The teaching assistant is need to be appointed in relation to help them with the educational context. According to Saye and et.al., (2017) has been said that they are the person who can work in the both private, public and mid schools in relation to promote the better leaning in the students.
The TA's will be look after the effective management of teaching and will have a better relationship with the teachers. They will look after the reduction of the workload or stress and will support the pupils who will be facing the difficulties with the learning. They will also reduce the disruption in class rooms and provide the teachers with more time to teach.
To develop the interpersonal skill in the children
This is the key activity and it is need to be developed so that the child can able to develop his knowledge in the well professional manner. The main role in this it is played by the teacher and their assistant so that they are able to understand the each thing in the well profession way. According to Abbott, McConkey and Dobbins, (2011) has said that the things which is need to be focused is the interpersonal development among child so that this will helpful to identify the skills and talent of the child. This is essential to do because this help to recognise the ability among the child in the professional manner According to Daniels, Radil and Goegan, (2017) has been stated that it is essential to provide comfortable classroom facility in which he is able to undertake the activities in effective manner. As per the view of Cassidy and et.al., (2017) has been said that the teacher should discuss the class room goals with the teaching assistant so that he is able to do each thing in prioritize manner. The monthly plan of the activities is need to be clearly defined so that he is preparing his all the work in that basis. This kind of the activities are very useful in relation to develop the interpersonal skill among the child as well promoting good working partnership between the teacher and teacher assistant. According to Poulou, (2017) has stated that it is essential to provide better support and encouragement to professional development among the child in this way they need to set the meeting in which they work as to take step in order to set the things which will be helpful in relation to develop the good working relation between the teacher and teaching assistant.
The interpersonal skill among the children can be develop if they are able to know the needs and wants of the children and take effective steps in relation to promote the better learning among them. As per the view of Berkovich and Eyal, (2017) has said that the teacher and teaching assistant both are inter-depended to each other in this manner they need to understand their duty in the well manner so that they can able to provide the better assistance to the person. According to Kerins and et.al., (2018) has been stated that teaching assistant need to perform his duties in the classroom by taking effective step in relation to make attractive collaboration with the lead class teacher and this kind of the things will be helpful in order to develop relationship among them in the impressive manner. As per the view of Takala, (2007) has been stated that will be helpful to boost the good morale in them so that they are able to develop the confidence among them in relation to do each thing in the effective manner.
The TA's will look after the effective management of the various requirements of the children's and will interact with them in a very effective manner in the class room. They will act as an additional support for the teachers in the schools and will help in the better management of the various teaching activities. Despite their side effects and negative impact on the progress of the children's, they act as the 'teacher's aide' and help in caring out the both education and other activities in the classroom.
To understand the value of morality, authority and ethical manner
in this it can be said that due to the wide variety of the responsibilities on the teaching assistants it is very essential to establish good working partnership so that they are able to understand their role in the specific manner. It is very essential to clarify the role of the teacher and teaching assistant and what kind of the things they need to adopt which will be helpful to them in relation to generate the good relationship among them. According to Butt and Lance, (2009) has said that teacher is very responsible person and he need to provide the academic programme to the student with the effective assistant of the teaching assistant.
They need to mutually make the all lay out which will be helpful for them to provide good knowledge to children. With the help of pre preparation of all teaching material the student can learn the effective things and it can be done with the better planning of teacher and teaching assistant. As per the view of Woolfson and Truswell, (2005), the teacher need to keep their eyes on the performance of teaching assistant so that if there is any lacking point they are able to take an immediate action. According to Farr, (2018) has been said that It is very important to keep aware the teaching assistant about the goals and role of teaching assistant so that he is able to take the activities effectively. The morale and ethical duty of the person is to understand his role in the clear manner so that they can able to undertake the each activity in the well and professional manner.
According to Cassidy and et.al., (2017) has said that with the help of the variety of the experiencing and clear understanding of each role can able to support and in this way they able to undertake each activity in the authentic and creative manner. As per the view of Castro and et.al., (2017) has said that it is very important to clarify the role of teaching assistant so that they are able to undertake the each things in the professionally mode. As per the view of Farr, (2018) has been said that the daily interaction with the child is helpful in order to define the special needs by expanding the duties within the children. According to the view of Rose, (2000) has been said that it is essential to prepare the notes which will help to provide the good lesson to the child and it should be done with the help of teaching assistant. As per the view of Castro and et.al., (2017) has said that the teaching assistant need to have the ability in relation to build good relationship with the children, teacher and parents. They mush having the mind with the approach of the flexibility and creativity. They need to handle each thing in the effective manner so that they are able to develop the good relation among them this will help to assist the good image and they are able to develop leaning and knowledge of the person in the effective manner. As per the view of Abbott, McConkey and Dobbins, (2011) stated that the active teaching assistant in the class will help you to create the positive working environment so that are able to make effective balance in this manner the each thing in the firm can b handle in the good mode. According to Temple and et.al., (2017) has said that with the help of building good working team the person is able to develop his inner skills so that he can do the things which help him to develop his inner proficiency as well good learning to the child.
There have been evidences that shows the TA's contribute in the better growth of the overall morality, authority and motivates other good manners and habits among the children's. According to Giangreco, (2003) has been stated that they improve the overall confidence level of the children's or pupils and motivate them to finish a task effectively with willingness.
To understand the role and responsibilities in relation to handle this together
with the help of the better and clear understanding of the role and responsibilities he is able to take the each decision properly. According to Bach, Kessler and Heron, (2006) has been said that They work under the direct of the teacher as being the staff so that they are able to deliver those activities which will be helpful in relation to reinforce the education program in the effective and efficient manner. According to the view of Woolfson and Truswell, (2005) been said that there is not any specific list about their duties they need to work in order to promote professionalism in their work so they the learning of the children can be developed. As per the view of Saye and et.al., (2017), has said that teacher are the responsible person in relation to assign the duties to the staff, this kind of the activities plays the crucial role in order to sustaining the greater result and helpful in order to promoting the professional development among the child. According to Daniels, Radil and Goegan, (2017), has said that the primary duty of the teacher is to support the teacher in the classroom so that they are able to lead the each activity effectively. There are the various roles and responsibilities are given such are as-
- Take effective steps in relation to diagnose the leading need of the individual.
- The solution is need or be selected from the various kind of the alternatives.
- The preparation is need to be done in relation to individual program plans.
- The advice is need to be provided on the available resources so that things can be done in the authentic manner.
- The teacher and teaching assistant need to work to get so that they better layout each activity and can able to perform the work effectively (Poulou, 2017).
- They are the person who need to take the effective research in relation to record keeping of each small things such are as tracking records and calculation of grade in the effective manner.
- To plan the day activities and to create the understanding in the classroom behaviour which will be helpful in relation to supervise and facilitate the effective learning among the child.
- The teacher assistant is responsible to give feedback of the student to teach in order to track out their performance.
- They are also responsible to supervise the children in the effective manner so that they are able to create the good image.
The TA's will look after the better handling of the various roles and responsibilities that are been provided to them for an effective handling. As they are closely related to the children's education, they will look after the academic progress of the students. But, the more closeness to a TA will lead to the less contact with the teachers which will affect the curriculum and result of the pupils.
Recommend the ways in relation to promote the professional relation between the teacher and teaching assistant
- The teacher and teacher assistant need to frame the activities together so that they able to foster the learning process among the children.
- They need to make all the planning together in relation to carry out the positive aspects of the things.
- The need to have the feedback of their plans so that they can track it is going in the better way or not.
- With the help of the better and effective communication the teacher and teaching assistant can develop the good relationship among them (Berkovich and Eyal, 2017).
- The teaching assistant need to monitor the result of the student so that they are bale to come with the better result by taking each other advice on the matter.
Hereby, it has been concluded that teacher and assistant of teacher plays the essential role in relation to make the better learning among the students. It is very important to understand the personal implication so that each thing can be done in the specific manner. This kind of the technique is very helpful in relation to promote effective leaning at the teaching institutes. In this, the activities are needed to be planned so that teacher can able to develop interpersonal skill of the children by working with the support of teacher.
Book & Journal
- Farr, J. (2018). Between a rock and a hard place: the impact of the professionalization of the role of the teaching assistant in mainstream school physical education in the United Kingdom. Sport in Society. 21(1). pp.106-124.
- Butt, G. and Lance, A., (2009). ‘I am not the teacher!’: some effects of remodelling the roles of teaching assistants in English primary schools. Education 3–13.37(3). pp.219-231.
- Wheeler, L.B. and et.al., 2017. Do teaching assistants matter? Investigating relationships between teaching assistants and student outcomes in undergraduate science laboratory classes. Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 54(4). pp.463-492.
- Temple, C.A. and et.al., (2017). All children read: Teaching for literacy in today's diverse classrooms. Pearson.
- Woolfson, R.C. and Truswell, E., (2005). Do classroom assistants work?. Educational research,. 47(1). pp.63-75.
- Rose, R. (2000). Classroom support: Using classroom support in a primary school. British Journal of Special Education. 27(4). pp.191-196.
- Bradford, B. And Hickson, C. (2017). Symbolism of clothing: The relationship between teacher clothing and children’s perceptions in primary school physical education. Mystery Train 2007.
- Daniels, L.M., Radil, A.I. and Goegan, L.D. (2017). Combinations of personal responsibility: Differences on pre-service and practicing teachers’ efficacy, engagement, classroom goal structures and wellbeing. Frontiers in psychology.
- Saye, J.W. and et.al., (2017). Scaffolded lesson study: Promoting professional teaching knowledge for problem-based historical inquiry. Social Studies Research and Practice. 12(1). pp.95-112.
- Cassidy, D.J. and et.al., (2017). Teacher work environments are toddler learning environments: teacher professional well-being, classroom emotional support, and toddlers’ emotional expressions and behaviours. Early child development and care. 187(11). pp.1666-1678.
- Poulou, M.S. (2017). An examination of the relationship among teachers' perceptions of social-emotional learning, teaching efficacy, teacher-student interactions, and students' behavioral difficulties. International Journal of School & Educational Psychology. 5(2). pp.126-136.
- Berkovich, I. and Eyal, O. (2017). The mediating role of principals’ transformational leadership behaviors in promoting teachers’ emotional wellness at work: A study in Israeli primary schools. Educational Management Administration & Leadership. 45(2). pp.316-335.
- Cleveland, L.M., Olimpo, J.T. and DeChenne-Peters, S.E. (2017). Investigating the relationship between instructors’ use of active-learning strategies and students’ conceptual understanding and affective changes in introductory biology: A comparison of two active-learning environments. CBE-Life Sciences Education.
- Castro, D.C. and et.al., (2017) Early education of dual language learners: An efficacy study of the Nuestros Niños School Readiness professional development program. Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 40. pp.188-203.
- Kerins, P. and et.al.,( 2018). The professional development needs of special needs assistants in Irish post-primary schools. European Journal of Special Needs Education. 33(1). pp.31-46.
- Takala, M. (2007). The work of classroom assistants in special and mainstream education in Finland. British Journal of Special Education. 34(1). pp.50-57.
- Abbott, L., McConkey, R. and Dobbins, M. (2011). Key players in inclusion: are we meeting the professional needs of learning support assistants for pupils with complex needs?. European Journal of Special Needs Education. 26(2). pp.215-231.
- Giangreco, M.F. (2003). Working with paraprofessionals. Educational Leadership.61(2). pp.50-54.
- Bach, S., Kessler, I. and Heron, P. (2006). Changing job boundaries and workforce reform: the case of teaching assistants. Industrial Relations Journal. 37(1). pp.2-21.
- (2017 ) Available through.<https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-a-teaching-assistant-8303>: Teaching Assistant Responsibilities.