24 x 7 Online Help
Interoduction - Visitor Attraction Management Assignment
Get free samples written by our Top-Notch subject experts for taking online assignment help services in Australia.
Visitor management attraction is effective as well as important for economy growth. Tourism is an essential component which contribute in every country in an effective manner. This process helps in attracting a large number of visitors at particular place. Basically, visitor attraction is a permanent resource which aid in developing the intention of pull in and inviting more tourists . The system of government plays an vital role in developing this process . It is an important duty of government to take care of all heritage property and place which helps in attracting a large number of visitors in the nation (Ab Karim and Chi, 2010). They make some rules and regulations to maintain the heritage property in every country. Because visitors are more important for growth of the economy of every country so that organization also develop of tourism by delivering and provide best service to satisfy their needs. This assignment is based on National Tourism Agency Visit Britain that contribute for improving the system of England and Britain by improving the production of export tourism. Overlap of visitor attraction which is relate dot the specific type of attraction is also mentioned in the report. Further, various types of theories motivate the tourist is mentioned in this assignment. A business organization have to apply some important techniques which helps in define the effective process of visitor attraction is also evaluated in the report.
1.1 Overlap of visitor attractions to particular types of attraction
1.2 Visitor attractions importance
2.1 Needs and motivation of visitor type
There are some motivational elements of visitors type:
- Physical: It is related to the physical exercise of body. In this it include sport participation, beach recreation etc. when the person and visitor visit such place and attain proper sort of relaxation so that it is more effective process to motivate in order to visit such place again (Coghlan, 2012).
- Cultural motivator: It create the desire to get knowledge about the culture of the different countries. It also increase the knowledge of other region and culture effectively.
- Interpersonal: It define the wish to meet another person so that the knowledge of the people will increase and also improve the personality. It is important think which motivate to an individual in appropriate manner.
2.2 Impact of tourism on visitor attractions
Overlapping is very effective to generate the more revenues because at a time many visitors visit such destination. It made a effective impact on economy of country. There are some positive and negative impact of tourism:
- Overcrowding: Due to number of tourist get rise at a place is called overcrowding. It is positive impact because it increase the job opportunities to the local people but some time it is negative because it increase the pollution and wastage at the place.
- Wear and tear: It define the damage occur at monuments so that it is government duty to maintain and repair them properly (Connell, Page and Meyer, 2015). They also helps in maintaining their original forms in effective manner.
- Traffic related: The other impact of overlapping is it increase the number of visitors which also increase the pollution at that place which affect in harm for the environment. It create environmental issue over there. It also increase the chance of accident because many people do not aware about the traffic rules.
2.3 Theories of tourist motivation on the management of visitor attraction and its effect
In this process there are various motivational approaches which is followed by every organization in order to provide and promoting their products and service. When they provide effective service that they attain higher satisfaction by the customers.
There are some theories of motivation on the visitor attraction:
- Responsible tourism: According to this theory, they are those person one who always in favour in order to eliminate the negative problems which is based on society. They always take care of society and also provide effective benefits to develop the economy of the country. They also involve local people before taking decision so that their life is always managed.
- Smart consumer: Customers are the important components who helps to the firm in getting success. Smart consumer are the one who evaluate all the factors in first and than they take effective decision itself (Evans, Stonehouse and Campbell, 2012). They select those things which are having less cost and define effective method to promoting the sustainable environment. The smart consumers choice is also smart and unique.
- Ecotourism: This approach define effective action that helps in protecting natural resources and maintain their beauty in order to attract large number of visitors over there.
- Sustainable tourism: According to this approach it focus on high level satisfaction of visitors. It also define some important steps which is taken by the government bodies to analysis as well as measure the impact of these on process and also do necessary changes to attain their positive feedback.
- Ethical tourism: In this a best visitors is ons who always keep in their mind and follows all the rules and regulation which is set by the government bodies (What is Ethical Tourism?, 2017). This helps in reducing the conflicts at particular destination and also attract large number of visitors appropriate manner.
3.1 The development of visitor attractions and its process and potential issues
This activity define the development and effective procedure in order to identify the taste of the person. It also define the financial gain level in the business organization. There are some different process to create the visitor attraction:
- Planning: It define the whole process of management in organization. It define the effective planning which is related to the visitor place and environment. It define attraction of the visitors.
- Motivating: It is more important to create the best objectives to enhance the number of visitors. It define effective skills and knowledge which is related to the process of visiting.
- Funding: Proper fund is more important to develop the visitor attraction. Funding define the best resources which attract the more and more customers which increase the high level of organization process. The high funds define high society and low fund define middle society within organization (Garrod and et. al., 2012).
- Design: It assist in developing the design process in order to develop the human attraction in tourism sectors. Best design of project helps in attar large number of visitors and also define the information of the design to attain more profits.
- Selection: It define the human personality which define the best techniques in the organization. It also evaluating the environment and culture factor in tourism sectors.
- Recruitment: It define the recruitment process in the firm which assist in developing the visitor attraction and define best techniques.
- Marketing communication: this factor develop the visitor attract at marketplace. It define the promotion techniques which is related to the visiting. It define the sale promotion and online marketing advertising.
There are various issue which involve in the development of visitors attraction management which are as follows:
Access: It is one of the big issue in development of visitors attraction management because visitors do not fine location at different place so that they face this issue and its create overcrowding at place. For example, at London eye , many visitors wait to ride the wheel so that it arise the conflict and reduce the interest of the customers. These is the common and bid issue which is faced by the visitors and also create the negative impact on development of visitors management attraction.
Pressure groups: This groups always helps as well as work for the government. When authority take and define new rules and regulation that they stand against that and also define negative impact by performing strike. So that it is a big issue because no one wants to go at a such place where political condition is not stable.
Attraction management: According to this management is more important for inviting more and more visitors over there. Without management no body define their interest to visitors at particular place. For example, at Kensington place, where many visitors are visit so that its more difficult to manager them effectively.
4.1 Visitors management strategies
Administration is very essential terminology which is crucial for every organization to attain positive results. If the management is not properly in the firm so that they can not able to expand their business. Organization also set the policies and strategies to making growth in appropriate manner. The government authorities have to evaluate and formulated the their scheme according to the demand and supply of the customers (George, 2010). They also introduce innovative products in marketplace that helps in maintain the visitors sustainability. Management strategies define with the help of supply and demand of visitors.
- Supply: The government authority provide best quality of service to visitors who visit in UK. They only supply quality service which is more beneficial to the visitors and also their task. They have to influence small scale hotels in order to provide quality service which assist in increase the satisfaction and localities. It is helps in managing the visitors in appropriate manner. This strategies helps in inviting more and more clients by providing quality products for local person. For the government authorities also set some rules and regulations in favour of visitors so that they feel safe and comfort at particular destination. They also provide best security which aid in encouraging the visitors towards city and location where they want to visit. This approach assist in inviting as well as attracting large number of tourist and also satisfy their demands as per their expectation.
- Demand: It is define as a need and requirements of in market where buyer and seller are comes with to define a procedure of sale and purchase. The authorities analysis the number of used and than supply them effective facilities. Authority also define the nature of visitors and set affordable price of the products. This strategies is define the effective process to taking best decision which is beneficial,to them. In this approach of visitor attraction management the particular authority identify visitors needs and demands and than set effective price according their expectation so that they easily take better decision in order to get higher profitability in appropriate manner.
- Sustainability: It is important to the organization to maintain the balance in environment. A sustainable tourism create positive impact on management of visitors (Gössling and et. al., 2011). Government bodies is also used in this sectors who provide better guidance to their tourist in order to maintain sustainability. It is best strategy to maintain the effective balance in whole process of visitor management attraction.
4.2 Management techniques in sustainability
Sustainability define every the positive effect which reflect on the situation. Organization use various type of techniques which helps in increase the sustainability in management. This will helps in increasing the economic growth as well as social condition. There are various approaches which maintain the tourism sustainability:
- Economic management define the job opportunities in aggressive world so that local people have good and effective knowledge about the area which assist in increasing the living standard of people in country. They define small contribution in economy by providing job opportunities to the people.
- Management also define the expectation of visitors that what type of facilities they want. When thy failed in providing the best facilities than they suffer lots of loss in their process. So that management define and formulate best strategies to getting more satisfaction and also enhance their business at global level (Hartmann, 2014).
- Promoting culture is also influence the visitor because they come at different place and want to know toward that. Management define their culture in order to attract more and more visitors over there.
There are some another methods which is used by the national travel agency in appropriate manner which are as follows:
Economic sustainability define the various activities which assist in developing the employment by providing great opportunities to its local people so that they contribute in growth of the economy.
Social sustainability also helps in development of visitor management attraction which provide better growth of people in the society that positively affect on the economy of the country.
All these strategies helps to the management to attract variety of visitors and also expand their business at global level.
From the above mentioned assignment can be concluded that visitor attraction play an important role in growth of economy which helps in increasing the standard of living. It summarised that overlapping of tourist is more effective for the country which increase the revenue. The process of visitor attraction is play positive impact but not all the time. So that it is government responsibility to take care of all the heritage place and provide effective facilities to invite more and more visitors over there. Management also find out the motivation which assist in taking the best decision. In order to manage the visitors properly organization set and define the effective strategies which evaluate the demand and supply and it is important terminology.
Books and Journals
Ab Karim, S. and Chi, C. G. Q., 2010. Culinary tourism as a destination attraction: An empirical examination of destinations' food image. Journal of hospitality marketing & management. 19(6). pp.531-555.
Barros, C.P., and et. al., 2011. Performance of French destinations: Tourism attraction perspectives. Tourism Management. 32(1). pp.141-146.
Beritelli, P., Bieger, T. and Laesser, C., 2014. The new frontiers of destination management: Applying variable geometry as a function-based approach. Journal of Travel Research. 53(4). pp.403-417.
Cellini, R., 2011. Is UNESCO recognition effective in fostering tourism? A comment on Yang, Lin and Han. Tourism management. 32(2). pp.452-454.
Coghlan, A., 2012. Facilitating reef tourism management through an innovative importance-performance analysis method. Tourism Management. 33(4). pp.767-775.
Connell, J., Page, S. J. and Meyer, D., 2015. Visitor attractions and events: Responding to seasonality. Tourism Management. 46. pp.283-298.
Evans, N., Stonehouse, G. and Campbell, D., 2012. Strategic management for travel and tourism. Taylor & Francis.
Garrod, B., and et. al., 2012. Engaging residents as stakeholders of the visitor attraction. Tourism Management. 33(5). pp.1159-1173.
George, R., 2010. Visitor perceptions of crime-safety and attitudes towards risk: The case of Table Mountain National Park, Cape Town. Tourism Management. 31(6). pp.806-815.
Gössling, S., and et. al., 2011. Food management in tourism: Reducing tourism's carbon ‘foodprint'. Tourism Management. 32(3). pp.534-543.
Hartmann, R., 2014. Dark tourism, thanatourism, and dissonance in heritage tourism management: new directions in contemporary tourism research. Journal of Heritage Tourism. 9(2). pp.166-182.
Haukeland, J. V., 2011. Tourism stakeholders' perceptions of national park management in Norway. Journal of Sustainable Tourism. 19(2). pp.133-153.
Henderson, J. C., 2011. Religious tourism and its management: The Hajj in Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Tourism Research. 13(6). pp.541-552.
Horng, J. S. and Tsai, C. T. S., 2010. Government websites for promoting East Asian culinary tourism: A cross-national analysis. Tourism management. 31(1). pp.74-85.
Jin, Q. and Pearce, P., 2011. Tourist perception of crowding and management approaches at tourism sites in Xi'an. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research. 16(3). pp.325-338.
Kusluvan, S., and et. al., 2010. The human dimension: A review of human resources management issues in the tourism and hospitality industry. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. 51(2). pp.171-214.
Law, R., Qi, S. and Buhalis, D., 2010. Progress in tourism management: A review of website evaluation in tourism research. Tourism management. 31(3). pp.297-313.
Leask, A., 2010. Progress in visitor attraction research: Towards more effective management. Tourism management. 31(2). pp.155-166.
Leask, A., Fyall, A. and Barron, P., 2014. Generation Y: An agenda for future visitor attraction research. International Journal of Tourism Research. 16(5). pp.462-471.
Mason, P., 2015. Tourism impacts, planning and management. Routledge.
Monz, C. A., and et. al., 2010. Sustaining visitor use in protected areas: future opportunities in recreation ecology research based on the USA experience. Environmental management. 45(3). pp.551-562.
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM. 2014. [Online]. Available through:<http://sustainabletourism.net/wordpress/sustainable-tourism/definitions/>. [Accessed on 19th August 2017].
What is Ethical Tourism?. 2017. [Online]. Available through:<http://young.scot/information/community/what-is-ethical-tourism/>. [Accessed on 19th August 2017].