No AI Generated Content
Professional Career Development Assignments
Struggling with your assignments? then this Free Sample written by PH.D certified subject expert academic writers can help you to improve your grades. For more detail information you can take free assignment related assistance from our assignment writing service providing team.
Professional Career development is mainly termed as an approach, which is taken by the company to provide knowledge, and experiences, which are required to perform the present and future activities of job. This report is based on the healthcare support worker profession for own skills audit as well as competencies by using SWOT analysis. Further, it includes the description about the identification of skills required for the career (Barylska, 2018). In addition to this, assessment of learning and development training methods for the new employees. At last, it includes reflection about own experience before and after starting the course.
Audit Own skills and competencies using SWOT analysis tools
Audit own skills and competencies is like talking about my presentation skills in the context of the given topic that is a healthcare support worker and that plays an essential role in the career. It helps me to determine my present skills along with diagnosing the requirement of skills for achieving goals in an effective manner. It improve knowledge and skills for getting success in near future. Audit of own skills and competencies are mainly done using the SWOT analysis tools, which are as follows:
- Strengths - As a healthcare support worker, my communication skills helps me to found some new ways to deal with the people. My major focus on the improvement in the quality for the patients. However, I am highly passionate about achieving my objective as I am possessed with aim and want to transfigure into the actualities. However, the leaders also inspire me so that highly delegated towards the goals.
- Weaknesses - In this, the emotional stability is considered to be one of my weakness that affect me in achieving the objectives. Sometimes, it leads to anger and I am not able to control it.
- Opportunities - I always try to grab opportunities, which helps to enhance my capabilities of learning and add on some new activities in my healthcare career. Further, I give my best performance where the team always stands with me and cooperate in the activities without any issues. I always appreciate others for their performance and give chance to express them.
- Threats - One of the biggest threat is that if an individual damper my level of enthusiasm However, people mainly focuses on the negative things in my area and they target towards discouraging my personal development as well as career. Thus, I always try to turn these threat into the opportunity, which helps to enhance my communication level with the team members that help make an appropriate decisions in the work.
Identify the skills required for healthcare support worker profession
To manage a successful career in the healthcare profession, it is essential to develop skills and knowledge about the different attributes. The skills required for healthcare support worker profession are as follows:
Stress Management-In healthcare, it is one of the most essential skills where there is a lot of pressure on the workers so stress management techniques required for them. Further, burnout is considered das the experience of long term exhaustion and it can decrease the interest in the work.
- Positive Attitude - this is another skill, which is required to be present in an employee as the positive attitude in healthcare, is useful for carrying out the activities. Further, the stress of the team members and back to back meeting with patients can be hectic for healthcare worker and need to manage it positively (Chrysoula, and et.al., 2018).
- Flexibility - In healthcare, the work is flexible and there is no shift or stay where a demanding patient sometimes takes more time. An individual need to be adaptable as it goes beyond the schedule in the changing environments. The people in the healthcare field experience something different every day and it is essential to know about routine otherwise has face struggle.
- Confidence - The health care workers need to have an appropriate level of confidence for facing different types of patients It is one of the most important factors which can affect the performance. However, this skill results in a high score on many patients after the evaluation of the treatment. Thus, the confidence in the skill has a direct connection with the patients and it impacts their work.
- Time management - There are multiple directions in the work, as it is essential in the healthcare sector. An individual must know what to prioritize and it can be helpful to get success in career.
- Receptive attitude - The receptive attitude skills required for handling criticism and manage changes as per the requirement. The field is ever-changing and the knowledge gap that affects the process and techniques at the workplace. Thus, an individual need to have the ability to learn from criticism.
- Work Ethics - It is a set of values, which are mainly based on hard work, this is one of the most important skills required for health care worker including punctuality, attitude and behaviour. However, the healthcare field requires strong work ethics that help to drive success in the career (Darcy, and et.al., 2019).
Thus, all of the above-mentioned skills are required for a healthcare support worker for managing a good performance at the workplace.
Evaluate own skills in comparison to healthcare support worker
In order to evaluate the comparison between own skills and health care support worker as properly described below:
Basis of Comparison
Healthcare support worker
I need to control my patience level and improvise it for the good of others.
It is the major key to deal with the patients and manages the capabilities to deal with the changes.
The capacity to manage punctuality is high and I always be on time while taking training and development sessions.
The punctuality of healthcare worker is on time as many patients are waiting for them and the time is restricted for them.
Ability to learn
I am always open to learn new things which helps to improve my capabilities through the various sources.
They are never satisfied with the process of learning and they always want more and offer best care to the patients.
In my skills, I take those responsibilities, which I can fulfill and provide best of my experience to the patients.
There are many responsibilities on the shoulders of worker and they are always ready to provide services to their patients. It is important for them to manage different tasks at a time.
I always have soft corner for the patients and treat them as per the requirement of situation.
The art of showing kindness is mainly present in worker and it shows their best quality to treat the patients.
Thus, the comparison shows that workers are quite active and responsible for their duties and responsibilities. It makes them different as per the aspect of dealing situations at hospital.
Assess learning and development training methods for new employees
In this, the need for learning and development in healthcare is quite different from the other industries and it makes unique challenges for the talent growth in this field. The training and development initiatives are considered as a major concern for the healthcare system. As the leaders mainly face issues along with the compliance, quality for the services. Therefore, it is important to assess learning and development training methods for new care workers in healthcare. Some methods of training and development are described below:
- Develop a training program for varied learning styles - The training programs mainly include the material which appeals to different learning styles like visual, verbal, and hands-on. The program also required to show the multilingual population of practitioners in many hospitals. Further, it is essential to ensure the role of different new practitioners and comprehend the information (Dos Santos, 2020). It is essential to embrace mobile learning to the practitioners, which set new paradigms like patient monitoring along with reliable communications. Interactive programs- The activities like group work, quiz helps to make an effective training program for practitioners so that they can be more interactive. It also retains information and makes training enjoyable for them.
- Create computer-based training modules - The module-based training better consider for the face to face training and others can be completed online. It can b convenient for the practitioners and they can attend it from different locations. It is essential to handle some technical difficulties and the IT department properly involved in the procedure and manage the work through hardware and software.
- Make sure training reflects a change in skills - The training program in healthcare always include some compliance issues as well as clinical competency where the practitioners provide customer services to the patients (Galustyan, Berezhnaya, and Beloshitsky, 2017).
- Consider the demand of practitioners beyond training - There are many responsibilities on the employees in any healthcare department, the training can be complete within the giving time frame. It can occur daily that helps them to recall all of the learning activities in the previous sessions.
- Work with senior staff - The training and development of employees at the hospital can be carried out by offering them work with seniors that helps in gaining knowledge and experience. It enhances the value of motivating on the job interactions between the teammates and employees. However, it is important to stay on top for the changes in compliance as well as technology for the safety of patients so that the department can provide a suitable resource for the services.
- Safety training - The safety training is of the most important part in the healthcare sector as it is all about saving a patient in worst conditions. Further, it can be useful for the new employees, as they required full knowledge about taking various actions shortly (Kriskovets, and Merkulova, 2020).
Thus, all of the above methods can be useful for providing training and development sessions to the new employees at the workplace.
Explain and evaluate reason behind using theories and methods
To evaluate the reason behind the use of selected training and development methods for new employees at the healthcare department is to analyze their capabilities to perform the tasks. Further, there are some reasons behind using the methods, which are as follows:
- Increase capacity to learn new techniques - The training and development methods for new employees increase their capacity to learn new activities. It improves their work capacity and effectively handles the issues. The confidence level will enhance their performance and provide benefit to the company (Kriskovets, 2017).
- Enhance job satisfaction as well as morale among the employees - The method of interactive programs shows that the employees are high values for the healthcare department. It also creates some supportive workplace where the employees gain proper access to the training. It increases their morale and they feel motivated towards the work that is beneficial for gaining more opportunities in the field (Yarbrough, and et.al., 2017).
- Increase the process of efficiency among employees - Above training methods helps to improve the efficiency of employees and they are more able to perform their job with huge efforts. The work with senior staff members will increase their motivation where they gain access to knowledge which overall benefits the patients. However, the employees need to be competent and manage the top activities along with the standards that hold a strong position within the healthcare sector (Makarenko, Oliinyk, and Kazakova, 2018).
- Consistency - the training and development methods mainly ensure that the employees are consistent in their experience as well the background knowledge. It enhances the experience from the employees and increases their efficiencies to perform in a better way.
- Positive impact on employees - The training methods changes the level of skills in employees positively and they are motivated towards performing more activities. The main reason includes the changes in behaviour that reflect in work and they treat all of the patients in the same way (Wolniak, 2017).
All of the selected training and development methods help to enhance the skills of new employees and it creates an impact on their personal as well as professional growth. Apart from this, it helps to judge the potential and capacity of practitioners in the changing environment that decides their value in future. Thus, the employees grow positively and can deal with different types of patients in the hospital (Meng-Lewis, et.al., 2020).
Write reflection on experience before and after the start of course
It is mainly a reflection of my learning activities through the course and need to recognize the experience, which helps to enhance my skills and knowledge. This part includes the reflection on experience before and after the start of the course.
Reflection on experience before learning course
Before starting the course, I had no idea about the healthcare support worker profession and it required to be improved by some tasks and activities. I also see myself as an excited person for learning the new things and feel motivated for undemanding the new activities. It is obvious for me to know about the various department and learn new things that helps me to increase my skills and knowledge. Before learning the course, I need to go through deeply about the topic and its variables in the system of the learning. For me, it is important to be a good listener for grasping knowledge that required huge patience to learn new things.
In addition to this, I am not able to take any big responsibility in this field and try to learn activities and perform it with full capabilities and ensure security of patients. Sometimes I was not able to handle critical patients that affected my performance. Further, I was as quick as required in the healthcare sector where a person need to be able to manage different tasks at a time and face many challenges in the services. Thus, I need to work on the weaknesses and manages skills to improve the performance.
Reflection on experience after learning course
The actual learning experience came after the completion of a course that enhances my skills and knowledge differently. It highly improves my capabilities to perform the tasks in a given period with full efforts. Further, the experience recognizes the different actions in the work, mainly concentrate on the performance, and enhance the new way of thinking activities. The learning experience helps me to able to think quickly as the patients need sever requirements as a time. Now I can deal with some unexpected incidences as well as critical situations, which are mainly invaluable for saving lives of people.
Further, it helps to be in a punctual manner and deal with the changes every time. It has a huge impact on my level of working and receive an appropriate response from the people. However, it increases my level of confidence to deal with tough situations at the hospital. The experience also gives me some kindness as well as empathy as an assistant manager for the services. In addition to this, the learning experience also increases y ability to perform the multi task that helps me to lead in the team. Further, the training and development sessions provide huge guidance towards handling patients and understand the environment of the healthcare sector. It gives me cherish my moments at the new workplace by learning something creative and managing at the same time. Thus, it improves my overall performance among other people, which encourages me to work on various weaknesses and came up with new ideas in the future. However, at some point, it was quite difficult for me to consider changes as per the requirement but the seniors always support my activities. The learning experiences as a learner have been positive aspect as well as enriching. It improves my style as well as quality, which facilitate my growth and development for giving the best performance in healthcare.
Furthermore, the process of learning to increase my motivation and I can implement some changes and face risks in unexpected situations. It gives me the idea to compare myself in a varied situation that provides an observational aspect for the different perspective in healthcare. I also observe many changes in my attitude and behaviour, which gives positive vibes towards the development of professional growth. It helps to improve professional career develop by following some of the rules and regulations at the workplace.
From the above study, it can be concluded that professional career development is one of the most important thing and an individual must grows with the changing environment. Auditing own skills and competencies helps to define inner values and enhance the capabilities. Further, the training and development methods helps to make improvement in employee's skills, which are required for the betterment of services in hospital. It can be summarized that the reasons of selected methods helps to increase the morale of employees and they give more of them to the healthcare sector. Thus, at last own reflection provides my inner thoughts on learning before and after the course. It also develops a creative level of thinking by improving the performance and analyze the situation by handling activities at workplace.
- Barylska, K., 2018. Student organization as a space for development of future professional career. World Scientific News, 108, pp.144-157.
- Chrysoula, K., Georgios, S., Miltiadis, C., Stamatios, N. and Grigorios, K., 2018. The contribution of mentoring on employee's career development with non-dependent work relation: The case of the networking company LR health & beauty systems. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 17(1), pp.1-14.
- Darcy, S., Maxwell, H., Grabowski, S. and Onyx, J., 2019. Artistic impact: From casual and serious leisure to professional career development in disability arts. Leisure Sciences, pp.1-20.
- Dos Santos, L.M., 2020. Exploring International School Teachers and Professional School Staffs' Social Cognitive Career Perspective on Lifelong Career Development: A Hong Kong Study. Journal of Education and e-Learning Research, 7(2), pp.116-121.
- Galustyan, O.V., Berezhnaya, I.F. and Beloshitsky, A.V., 2017. Professional and career development of teachers. Journal of Contemporary Educational Studies/Sodobna Pedagogika, 68(4), pp.158-172.
- Kriskovets, T.N. and Merkulova, L.V., 2020. The specifics of the professional communication in the teachers' career development. Kant, (1), pp.267-273.
- Kriskovets, T.N., 2017. THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PRINCIPLE OF VARIABILITY IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF FUTURE TEACHER'S PROFESSIONAL CAREER. ??????? ??????????????? ????????????????? ??????????? ????????, 1(1), pp.1-1.
- Makarenko, S., Oliinyk, N. and Kazakova, T., 2018. Improving the method approach to the rating evaluation of employees as professional career development. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, 4(5), pp.179-187.
- Meng-Lewis, Y., Wong, D., Zhao, Y. and Lewis, G., 2020. Understanding complexity and dynamics in the career development of eSports athletes. Sport Management Review.
- Radkevych, V. and Aleksieieva, S., PREPARATION THE FUTURE DESIGNERS FOR PROFESSIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT: PEDAGOGIC EXPERIMENT RESULTS AND RESEARCH PROSPECTS.
- Wolniak, R., 2017. Selected problems of professional career development of employees. Zeszyty Naukowe Wy?szej Szko?y Humanitas. Zarz?dzanie, (2), pp.9-20.
- Yarbrough, S., Martin, P., Alfred, D. and McNeill, C., 2017. Professional values, job satisfaction, career development, and intent to stay. Nursing Ethics, 24(6), pp.675-685.